It’s almost time for the biggest game of the year and if you aren’t as excited about that game as some people, don’t worry because today, I am sharing some super-fun Super Bowl party games that are sure to be a blast.
Let’s face it, we don’t all have a team that we’re rooting for and some of us could care less about the halftime show. Instead, let’s talk about how to throw the ultimate Super Bowl party and some ways to keep your guests both entertained and engaged as the evening wears on. And on. And…well, you get the idea.
Super Bowl parties can look very different depending on your family and friend circle, so we will include things for the ultimate football fans, the not-so-ultimate fans, and the kids who might be tagging along.
Games You Can Play Before the Super Bowl Even Starts
These are some fun things to do from the time your guests begin arriving up until the game starts and even while it lasts:
- Finger Football- This blast from your past is just as fun for adults as it is for the kids. Print out your football, choose your team, and warm up those fingers to see which team will win your paper Super Bowl! (Don’t know how to make a paper football? Follow this easy tutorial! Wrap your football with colored tape for added durability.)
- Mascot Madness- How much do you know about the teams in the NFL? Print out a chart for each guest and see who can get the most mascots right!!
- Pin the Football in the Goal- Place the printable goal post on your wall with some removable yellow tape, blindfold the players, and watch them try to place the printable football in the end zone. Can you score a touchdown for your team?
- Who’s the Winner? As your guests arrive, have everyone fill out their name and their predictions for the big game.
And a game for the adults who want to take things to the next level and maybe take home some cash or real prizes-
- Football Squares (or Football Pool)- If you aren’t familiar with playing Football Squares, watch this video to learn how. It’s super simple and can be pretty lucrative, depending on how much you charge to play. Print out the Football Squares page. Draw the numbers out of an empty football helmet (or bowl)and add them to the paper. Let guests choose their boxes to fill in. Quarterly prizes can be a small percentage of the total pool or something else entirely. If you choose to let guests play for free, have some smaller prizes ready for your quarterly winners as well as a grand prize for the big winner.
Halftime and Commercials Games
Super Bowl commercials and the halftime show are filled with possibilities for games. Here are a couple of fun ideas:
- Super Bowl Commercials Bingo- You can go so many ways with Super Bowl bingo. Fill in your printable bingo squares with brands to look for in the commercials or specific items being advertised. Do you have local businesses who advertise during the Super Bowl? Have a square for those. Add famous people to look for, certain foods or beverages, or specific words. Use candy or coins to cover your squares. The first person to get BINGO wins a prize!
- Super Bowl Charades- Cut out the printable charades cards, fold up and put into an empty football helmet. (You can use a bowl if you don’t have a helmet.) Divide up into 2 teams representing the 2 teams vying for the Super Bowl ring. During the commercial breaks, each team takes a turn to act out whatever is on the card they pulled out. Score a touchdown point for every one your team guesses correctly and declare the winner at the end of the game.
- Paper Field Goal- If you have some bored kids at your party, a paper field goal game not only provides fun but also treats! Use your printable football field and several cookies. Tape the printable field to a table and have the kids slide a cookie from their end of the table to the other end. In order to achieve a field goal, the cookie has to touch every single white yard-line on the printable from one end to the other. If they score a field goal, they get to eat their cookie! This one is even more fun if the adults play too! Watch those kids eat your cookies.
Don’t Forget the Food
Your guests come for the fun and games and to earn bragging rights for their team, but you can bet they want to eat some seriously yummy Super Bowl food, too! Attach the football labels to your dishes so your guests will know exactly what deliciousness waits in each container.
Win the food Super Bowl with some of these super delicious recipes-
- Loaded Nacho Fries How can you go wrong with a combination of fries, cheese, taco meat, and veggies? Um, you can’t. Make these and watch your guests fall in love.
- Bacon-Wrapped Smokies Bacon, sausage, butter, and brown sugar. Sounds like 4 touchdowns to me.
- Cheesy, Bacon Jalapeno Popper Want your beloved jalapeno poppers without all the intensive labor? Make this amazing dip to get your fill!
- Pepperoni Pizza Stuffed Garlic Bread Let’s face it, everybody loves pizza. This bread will let you take it a step, or three, beyond just ordering in pizza. Easy to pull off and carry around, this is the ultimate finger food.
- French Onion Beef Sliders Another delicious and easy-to-carry-around snack. This one is a little bit more labor-intensive, but oh-so-worth-it. Yum.
Super Bowl Party Games To-Go Treat Bags
If you want to send your guests home with a way to remember all the fun they had at your Super Bowl party, print out the cute “Good Game” tags and attach them with string, ribbon, or twine to simple brown paper treat bags.
You can include some of the snacks you served if they are take-home friendly, or purchase football related items from the dollar store. For extra fun, everybody could make their own paper football to take home so that they can continue the fun long after the big game is over.
I hope these ideas will help you to throw the biggest, best, most fun Super Bowl party that you and your guests have ever experienced! Be sure to comment below and tell us what you tried and what the big hits were!
YOU MAY NEED…
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to ear fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You May Also Like…